GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position reviews, analyzes, resolves, and trends Accounts Receivables to identify operational and financial improvement opportunities in bad debt, financial assistance and productivity. This position summarizes and reports data and makes recommendations to management. This position also performs quality assurance reviews on high risk adjustments such as bad debt, too old to bill, financial assistance, and expired patients. Position also communicates information to the Manager, Director, and Vice President of RCM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Analyze, and summarize reports and operational data to identify trends and ways to improve operational efficiency, productivity, and financial performance;
- Prepare reports/presentations and make recommendations to management.
- Identify trends, variances, aberrant data, and other information as needed.
- Organize, prioritize and manage operational and analytical project requests.
- Develop reports detailing current and historic performance of department metrics and teammates; identify trends, compare to established benchmarks and goals, perform workload analyses, create forecasting models, and other information as needed
- Provide reporting data to management and others in oral and written form
- Provide support to management in training and quality assurance, specifically related to performance trends, benchmarks, and other metrics as requested
- Identify root causes and take appropriate steps
- Perform additional process reviews as directed by the Manager; identify opportunities for improvement and implement changes as directed
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all applicable department policies and processes as well as knowledge of all applicable billing and A/R related systems
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
About DaVita Rx
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 60,000 patients in over 44 states with three high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California and Florida. We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to deliver our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care to help improve our patients' lives. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 500 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA). Our rapid growth and pace of work provide our teammates with an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where you can truly make an impact.
- "At DaVita Rx, teammates have a voice. Because we're a relatively new company, you can contribute to how we improve processes and improve the service we give patients. You get a huge sense of reward as a front-line teammate impacting the business." - Chip S, Certified Pharmacy Tech/Team Lead
The shining star in this role should have:
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field recommended; OR equivalent years of experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years revenue cycle experience with an emphasis on accounts receivable processes required, Healthcare Provider/Payer experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in report development and in interpreting data required
- Demonstrated experience with electronic billing and accounts receivable systems preferred
- Outstanding project management skills
- Business process redesign experience required
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; experience developing spreadsheets and databases required; experience with MS Access preferred, experience with Tableau preferred
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated exactness in attention to detail
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.