DaVita is hiring a Senior Accountant to join the Strategic Initiatives team in Federal Way, WA! <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The Senior Accountant is to partner with a Strategic Business Unit(s) (SBU) to provide liaison support between the SBU and general accounting, finance, and corporate accounting. This position will provide accounting support and oversight at the SBU level to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with DaVita’s Mission and Core Values. This may include the preparation and review of all accounting functions impacting the Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow. The expectation of this position is to have knowledge of intermediate to advance accounting concepts and possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as the ability to follow a defined process and participate in special projects as assigned.
General Purpose of Position
· SBU accounting which may include projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases and subleases, as well as revenue and accounts receivables.
· General Ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis, account reconciliations roll forwards, and schedules (e.g. agings).
· Prepare & analyze financial statements including variance analysis (e.g. m/m & q/q).
· Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and the ability to learn new applications (e.g. Essbase and Discoverer).
· Awareness of potential intercompany transactions.
· Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts, process documentation.
· Responsible for training/mentoring/reviewing the work of Staff Accountants as assigned.
· Play a lead role with other departments to solve issues, establish policies and improve processes.
· Make recommendations to management and assist with day-to-day decisions concerning the accounting treatment of financial transactions.
· Ability to work independently, with little supervision from CSI management, meeting all deadlines as required and specified by task list.
· Keeps CSI management updated and informed on all events and issues at respective SBU’s.
· Provides oversight for one larger and one smaller SBU. (or some combination thereof)
· Obtain a thorough understanding of and become an expert on subject matter for respective SBU’s.
· When assigned, assist CSI management with the training and development of lower level staff.
· Assist SBU as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Accounting
· Intermediate computer skills- Macro experience required
· 1-2 years’ related accounting experience
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to probe, question, and listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
· Organized with effective time management skills
to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.