We are currently seeking a Director of State Government Affairs to join our dynamic, fast-paced government affairs team and manage the enterprise’s legislative and regulatory priorities within the East Coast region (~4-5 states). Qualified candidates will have 10 years of strong public policy and/or corporate government affairs experience in states within the region and demonstrate an ability to independently lead—or make significant contributions towards—highly-leveraged state advocacy campaigns/initiatives. This individual must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage several high-profile initiatives at once. Superior written and verbal skills are non-negotiable.
The Director of State Government Affairs will direct DaVita’s state policy initiatives within the East Coast region to ensure the company’s interests are represented before appropriate legislative and regulatory entities. The position will provide leadership, management, and coordination of the enterprise’s state public policy activities and requires an individual with strong public policy and government affairs experience. This position will report to the Vice-President of State Government Affairs and will collaborate with other members of the DaVita state and federal government affairs team as well as manage external state lobby teams representing DaVita.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Leads state public policy initiatives within the East Coast region.
- Analyzes state legislative, regulatory threats and opportunities within the region taking the lead on execution of strategies to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for drafting necessary advocacy materials, resources needed to drive state policy campaigns, initiatives (superior written and verbal skills a must)
- Provides leadership to senior management offering guidance and direction on public policy matters.
- Manages external lobby teams within region including engagement and tracking of relevant legislation and regulations affecting the company.
- Establishes long-term strategic goals and manages implementation to achieve organizational public policy goals.
- Tracks state legislation and relevant regulations and standards to protect business model with a particular emphasis on insurance, health reform/exchanges, and Medicaid issues.
- Works with regulatory agencies, industry groups and community organizations to assure that DaVita is a valued community resource and partner.
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of political giving strategy in relevant states.
- This position will work remotely within the East Coast region.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of public policy, government affairs experience
- Insurance public policy background, and ACA knowledge preferred
- Previous experience in corporate government affairs environment a plus
- Excellent communication (written, oral) skills needed
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.