GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Solution Engineer’s role provides detailed solution designs for new in-house projects and systems, technical leadership, infrastructure standards alignment and implementation, technology gap assessment, capacity planning, data flow specifications, network and firewall specifications, and design integration for complex enterprise information technology initiatives within multiple corporate environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Provide technical solution engineering guidance via technical leadership for small to complex information technology initiatives.
· Consult with and guide project teams in day-to-day decision making and planning.
· Translate business owner requirements into technical designs consisting of Visio drawings, excel listings and design narratives.
· Direct initiatives toward properly arranged best practices and caveat considerations when a new technology or arrangement is approached.
· Identify multiple problems and solutions, evaluate based on varied criteria and perspectives, make or drive decisions for successful implementation, and persuade opposing views
· Being the subject matter expert, primary facilitator of conversations and meetings, and accountable for project success
· Use real world analysis to determine proper compute focal points, scale adjustments, and function KPIs.
· Create and maintain solution engineering and design specifications for compute, storage, networking requirements and resources, data flows and design integration.
· Ensure proper integration of new solutions into the larger ecosystem.
· Develop full understanding of the project solutions end-to-end, and proactively engage stakeholders and support resources in service to implementation and integration objectives.
· Abide by enterprise standards and best practices and champion the development of them when required by uncharted implementations or newly introduced technologies
· Collaborate with Solution Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, and the Technical Architecture Working Group to assess technology gaps and assess/promote new standard.
· Interaction with network, storage, server infrastructure, and other enterprise service support teams to deploy and ensure optimal operation of newly implemented solutions.
· Interact with business leaders and other internal customers to ensure solution design meets both functional and non-functional requirements.
· Maintain awareness of security and compliance aspects within the project environments
Deliver complete solutions within agreed upon delivery schedules
· BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience. Master Degree preferred.
· 7+ years overall IT experience
· Highly developed communication and collaboration skills.
· Strong initiative and drive – Must be a self-starter ready to multi-task and track multiple complex projects.
· Ability to learn, absorb, and apply new technologies with great attention to detail within a short time frame
· Strong relationship builder – Must quickly establish rapport and trust with multiple stakeholders, service providers, and constituencies.
· Strong documentation and presentation skills using Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and other tools as required.
· Strong working knowledge and experience with at least two of the following:
o VMWare ESX
o Windows server platforms and services
o Red Hat Linux server platforms and services
o SQL Server
· Fundamental knowledge of networking and security concepts and principles.
· Fundamental understanding and familiarity of Enterprise Datacenter infrastructures, High availability, and Business continuity concepts.
· Working knowledge and experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
· Moderate ability to travel as required.
· 5+ years of enterprise level IT system administration with leadership experience
· 2+ years solution engineering or design experience
· 1+ years of Infrastructure architecting
· Strong understanding of enterprise IT operations process, procedure and best practice
· Familiarity with SDLC concepts
· Working knowledge of converged/hyper-converged platforms
· Fundamental or certified understanding of the ITIL framework for ITSM
· Experience with Disaster Recovery Planning
· Working knowledge and experience with multiple enterprise class and open source middle tier products and framework.
· Project Management Skills
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.