DaVita is currently seeking a highly talented Supervisor - Payroll Operations to join our outstanding Payroll Team in Federal Way, WA!
DaVita is an award-winning Fortune 500 healthcare employer that specializes in the Kidney Healthcare arena. If you're looking for a company with core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun, then this may be the place for you!<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position provides supervision to the payroll team to ensure timely and accurate payment and reporting for a multi-state payroll, special payrolls such as severance pay and some bonuses. Position also reviews metrics and audit controls for compliance. This position works closely with other teams within the Payroll department and across the organization and participates in year-end Payroll functions as well as exercises knowledge of Payroll tax and law in daily work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the daily operation of payroll according to established written processes, procedures and standards including but not limited to large bonus processing and year-end reporting.
- Oversee bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met including the processing and review of established audit reports and coordination with the Payroll Support Team for system maintenance and schedules.
- Enforces cut-off time for payroll processing.
- Reviews payroll protocols and procedures including but not limited to manual checks, on cycle payroll processing, and time clock records.
- Works with the Payroll Support Team on biweekly Processing Worksheets and SOX documents.
- Ensures appropriate backup documentation for biweekly payroll by the processing division.
- Trains and implements process improvements for the Payroll Coordinators.
- Recommends changes to create efficiencies and enhance performance of Payroll Department to Manager and/or Director.
- Develops and maintains close relationships and open communication with all areas of payroll and field locations.
- Performs random reviews for adherence to coordinator desk organization and maintenance with special emphasis on department standards, capturing metrics and providing feedback.
- Develops, researches, and maintains current knowledge of regulatory issues affecting Payroll.
- Other duties as assigned
- Limited travel as needed
- Provide leadership to direct reports.
- Knows, understands, implements, follows, and communicates to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment.
- Ensures all DaVita employment processes are completed timely and in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws including but not limited to ePCNs, Performance Development Reviews, teammate personnel file maintained, etc.
- Facilitates teammate development.
- Maintains familiarity with and communicate to teammates DaVita programs impacting teammates.
- Manages all teammate employment activity including but not limited to hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
- Reports performance metrics to Payroll Manager.
- Addresses teammate relations issues appropriately and escalate to Manager as necessary.
- Provides work direction for department teammates.
- Understands basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations and legislation affecting employment.
- Reviews and approves time cards of direct reports for biweekly payroll.
- Develops and conducts educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates’ knowledge of department processes and goals.
- Maintains and communicates facility emergency management programs and ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years’ payroll experience in a multi-state, multi-EIN environment required including:
- Demonstrated ability to apply relevant laws and processes accurately and with sound judgment in varying situations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of payroll, processes, procedures, systems in a high-volume, fast paced, production environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain compliance with payroll laws and regulations regarding taxation, garnishments, overtime, etc
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) designation preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years' payroll and supervisory related experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
- Intermediate proficiency in large-scale electronic payroll system required; workday experience preferred; PeopleNet experience preferred
- Advanced skills and proficiency in MS Excel preferred; basic proficiency in PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Experience with process flow redesign/improvements
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective delegation and coordination skills
- Proven ability to motivate others in order to achieve tasks and goals
- Demonstrated aptitude to effectively handle teammate interpersonal situations
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.