This position has two primary responsibilities. The first is to provide timely assessment, education and guidance to patients regarding their insurance and the implications of different options enabling the patient to make informed decisions and ensuring insurance related issues are resolved. The second is to supervise 3 – 6 Insurance Counselors responsible for patient assistance within their clinic footprint. The focus of the collective team is reducing or eliminating the amount of patient and facility liability while providing accurate and timely patient, revenue and treatment trend reporting. This position also identifies, resolves, or escalates satisfaction concerns of all patients to ensure DaVita is the provider of choice.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in customer service, healthcare organization and/or insurance company
- Experience in a healthcare organization working with a clinical team and patients strongly preferred
- Demonstrative extensive understanding of insurance plans and benefits (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Indemnity) required
- Demonstrative understanding of COBRA benefit options and Coordination of Benefits strongly preferred
- Demonstrative understanding of Federal and State level health coverage benefits as they relate to ESRD strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Flexibility to travel up to 85% of the time
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.