GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provides analysis, research, design, project coordination, management and support for IT facilities and data center new construction and buildouts/remodels. Develops network and telephony infrastructure requirements, plans and specifications based on capacity needs. Develops requirements, specifications and plans designs for data centers/MDFs/IDFs, including power, network, HVAC, fire suppression, generator and UPS requirements, rack locations, wire management and environmental controls. Develops and provides computer hardware requirements and specifications as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
·Work with users, managers, facilities personnel to gather, develop and document IT hardware, network and telephony infrastructure requirements (network drops, telephones, printers, computers, etc.)
·Confer with IT infrastructure and operations analysts/administrators and managers to develop IT infrastructure project plans, work breakdown schedules and specifications, including network, telephony, data center and MDFs/IDFs based on requirements gathered as above
·Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel in order to facilitate IT infrastructure and hardware/equipment purchases
·Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes
· Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
• Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
• Highly motivated, goal-oriented self-starter able to work within deadlines and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames
• Strong written and verbal communications skills including ability to listen effectively to customers to gain understanding of user needs to correctly address application and support requirements and ability to explain technical information clearly and effectively to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
· Demonstrated ability to interact with cross-functional team members to assess needs, provide solutions, and train personnel
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to work independently and within a team environment and to foster a positive work environment
• Demonstrated ability to identify and research problems, determine and analyze options and implement solutions in a timely manner
· Proven ability to perform difficult analytical tasks with minimal supervision
· Well developed time management skills with the ability to respond to urgent requests in a timely manner
• Ability to function effectively under pressure and facilitate customer needs within timelines
• Demonstrated organizational and follow-through skills
• Demonstrated attention to details
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 1 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions. Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time (hand/finger dexterity) to meet performance goals and submit deliverables within deadlines.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical/Civil Engineering or appropriate combination of education and experience in Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Experience developing IT infrastructure requirements/design documentation
· Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.