Credit Balance Specialists support the execution of refunds and overpayment retractions, think creatively to re-design processes and help to make processes and day to day work more efficient. A day can include digging deep to discover the root cause of unusual payer behavior, or reading through all of the reports and metrics they could ever want. Credit Balance Specialists also collect, review, analyze and report out on data to other exciting DaVita teams such as Cash Applications, Finance, and Core Accounting!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and within a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks with shifting time frames and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Creates and maintains reports, databases and spreadsheets to generate various analyses related to the entire Revenue Operations organization
- Ability to complete large/complex projects
- Willing to wear funny hats and have fun at short notice
- Able to prioritize assignments and assists in training/mentoring new team members
- Accumulates, analyzes and processes financial operating information from multiple business systems and sources that are accurate and relevant to management needs
- Provides support to internal customers through creation, training and maintenance of Access databases and Excel based tools
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets data for payor trends and retraction patterns; prepares and presents findings to leadership
- Strong desire to get silly and have a good time with your team
- Provides files to Finance department for end-of-month reconciliation
- Designs and implements ad-hoc reporting projects in collaboration with business partners to develop specifications, logic, and testing of specified reports
- Provides report documentation and end-user education; ensures compliance with departmental SOX requirements
- Accumulates, analyzes, and interprets 835 ERA provider adjustments and claims data
- Review transactions received for variances to General Ledger and billing system claims
- Reduces and problem solves overall transaction volume of Provider Adjustment general ledger; maintains Master workbook
- Captures key findings from Payor 835 ERA files; document provider adjustment codes used by payors
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Excited yet? Well, there are certain basics you have to meet to qualify for this amazing opportunity….
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or education equivalent of 2 years of similar experience
- Minimum of 2 years of analytical experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, Electronic Billing System and Oracle Financial System preferred
- Ability to deal with confidential patient and payor information and/or issues, using discretion and judgment
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.