DaVita is currently seeking a Shining Star to join our Joint Venture Accounting team in Federal Way, WA as a Staff Accountant II!
DaVita is an award-winning Fortune 500 healthcare employer that specializes in the Kidney Healthcare arena. If you're seeking a company with core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun, then this may be the place for you. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
At DaVita, we “walk the talk” when it comes to our core values!
The purpose of this position is to primarily provide Joint Venture entity accounting support to ensure accurate communication of financial information to our Field customers and JV partners. This includes financial review for development projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases, subleases, revenue analysis as well as preparing financial reports. This teammate would also be expected to make recommendations regarding the accounting treatment of financial transactions, as well as develop and implement new accounting processes. This accountant will report to the Department Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial reporting and partnership accounting and reporting responsibilities including: Center accounting review responsibilities for development projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases and subleases
- General ledger functions such as account analysis, account reconciliation, trend analysis, and financial statement research
- Creates and reviews financial statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, etc.
- Prepares communications such as memos, presentation charts, and process documentation, and coordinate with other departments, business offices and field operations.
- Participates in meetings with Field management and JV partners as necessary.
- Prepares cash forecasts based on historical financial data and knowledge gained from working with and supporting field finance and operations management.
- Utilizes general business knowledge to assist operational teammates with non-routine accounting issues and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Accounting
- One plus year of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions, with financial packets/reporting responsibilities and experiences a plus.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.