This role will coordinate with providers and VillageHealth Nurses to provide ongoing support and communication to our patients. The Coordinator acts as a single point of contact to coordinate resources for VillageHealth patients.
- Performs outbound calls to patients to understand their clinical needs and connect them with appropriate resources
- Performs outbound calls to providers to make appointment for patients or follow up on care
- Answers inbound calls from patients, providers, and Village resources, as necessary
- Follows up with patients to ensure their needs are met and schedules future check ins
- Coordinates with clinical resources and providers to ensure smooth continuum of care for patients
- Monitors patient hospitalizations and follows up as necessary with a VillageHealth Nurse (VHN)
- Notifies patients of location and appointment times as needed
- Provides patients with education materials and sends letters to primary care physicians, nephrologists, and specialists for new enrollments/appointments
- Assists with the referral process
- Other duties as assigned
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two (2) years of experience in a professional office environment
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.