All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
• Performs outbound calls to providers to make appointment for patients or follow up on care.
• Answers inbound calls from patients, providers, and Village resources, as necessary.
• Follows up with patients to ensure their needs are met and schedules future check-ins.
• Coordinates with clinical resources and providers to ensure smooth continuum of care for patients.
• Monitors patient hospitalizations and follows up as necessary with a VillageHealth Nurse (VHN).
• Notifies patients of location and appointment times as needed.
• Provides patients with education materials and sends letters to primary care physicians, nephrologists, and
specialists for new enrollments/appointments.
• Assists with the referral process.
• Travel required: up to 10%.
• Other duties as assigned.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.