Title: Vice President Corporate Development
This position is a critical leadership role at DaVita and will be the lead architect in continuing and developing new strategies to support and drive Corporate Development. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and direction to support key business objectives, securing and maintaining solid trusting relationships with physicians and hospitals. This role is focused on growth, retention and making DaVita a "Partner of Choice".
- Develop and formulate strategic plans for new medical groups, hospitals, and accountable care organizations in geographic markets in which DaVita has no or minimal presence
- Develop relationships with large or medium size medical groups that are minimally affiliated with DaVita which will enable them to expand into new markets
- Actively participate in 2 to 3 year planning sessions with the Operations Teams in specified geographic areas
- Pursue and close strategic relationships with large physician practices, hospitals, and accountable care organizations to include acquisition, joint venture relationships and other related partnerships.
- Responsible for meeting goals established for growth and staying within expense budget.
- Provide leadership and directional support to the Corporate Development Team
- Marketing and analysis of statistical reports addressing growth opportunities.
- Prepare executive-level presentations to share with leadership
- Lead strategy sessions with divisional leadership teams on new business
- Act as a strategic thought partner with Divisional Vice Presidents and their regional operating teams to evaluate growth opportunities
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of competition; proactively assess related strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats; analyze and implement effective responses
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with physicians consistent with DaVita code of conduct and Compliance Commandments
- Maintain a liaison relationship with Group General Counsel and assigned Group leaders
- Travel required: up to 50%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred; MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' progressive management experience required
- Healthcare provider operating experience strongly preferred; dialysis or similar provider services experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at strategic and operational levels
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills including ability to persuasively deliver presentations to senior executives
- Ability to build strong relationships across cross-functional teams
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, physicians, and teammates to create a results-driven, team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated management team
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be "other-oriented"; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact DaVita's position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and attitudes; able to recognize unique contributions of individuals and teamwork
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact DaVita
- Demonstrated ability to bring innovative thinking to the operations and management of acute and chronic dialysis
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.