Transform raw clinical data from multiple data sources and into clear, concise reports and analyses for various departments within the business.
- Apply advanced technical skills at a high proficient level
- Build complex reports and analyses using multiple types of data sources including custom SQL queries (45%)
- Uses programs such as Tableau, Cognos, Crystal, Excel, Access, Powerpoint
- Takes large raw datasets from one or more sources and transforms the data into concise, usable, easy to understand reports for internal and external customers
- Familiarity with basic statistical knowledge to draw conclusions and accurately present aggregated data pertaining to the request
- Ability to proactively address business needs; identify and act upon areas for streamlining distribution of information to operations in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to present data tastefully in tables, charts, dashboards, and summaries when appropriate
- Documents definitions and assumptions used within the report or analysis and ensure understanding across users
- Ability to structure logical analyses with little to no direction
- Develop and modify complex SQL queries and other future analytical tools (35%)
- Uses programs such as Oracle SQL Server, Netezza, Microsoft SQL Server, Access
- Ability to understand/explain how back end database tables relate to front end clinical software (necessary for ensuring reporting accuracy)
- Queries may contain multiple joins, subqueries, and functions pulled from multiple databases containing hundreds of tables and millions of rows
- Organizes queries in a way that others on the team can easily understand and utilize
- Writes standard queries that can be used for multiple purposes if needed
- Ability to identify and interpret needs and changes as the business grows
- Ability to translate raw data in database to reflect business operations both past and present
- Define, develop, and implement test conditions and plans for all queries
- Easily and accurately reads queries developed by others, and modifies them as necessary
- Identifies and updates queries as database tables and structures change with IT updates
- Maintain and modify ongoing scheduled reports (10%)
- Ability to review and update/modify existing reports as needed regardless of the origin of the report
- Ensure there is no unnecessary overlap of existing reports
- Translate findings into actionable plans for customers
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate the impact of actions in the UI to both IT and business/operations users to educate in proper data entry (operations) and work to suggest enhancements (i.e. data validation or additional fields) that will result in cleaner data
- Ability to quickly understand all downstream impacts to changes made in the UI to reporting and be able to accurately and quickly communicate this to customers
- Maintains a general understanding of the business in order to be a thought partner to the internal/external customer
- Listens to the needs and requests of the customer, and interprets them accurately in a such way to present them with a report/analysis that meets their needs
- Has a general sense of how long a request will take to complete, and the complexity of the initial ask
- Responsive to customers and takes initiative to maintain communication of status and timelines of requests
- Communicates with IT on a technical level to ensure database/table design meet reporting needs
- Represent reporting team in meetings, discuss clinical data with knowledge
- Thoughtful preparation and presentation of reports and analyses (10%)
- Can clearly and accurately present reports and analyses to the customer as required
- Has an expert level understanding of the analysis, can clearly explain which steps were taken to perform analysis and why, and can easily research additional related asks with confidence
All About VillageHealth
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with Tableau, Cognos, and/or Crystal
- At least two years of experience with Oracle SQL Server, Netezza, and/or MS SQL Server or similar program
- At least two years of experience in an analytical role
- At least two years of experience writing custom SQL queries
- At least two years of experience preparing and presenting reports and analysesJoin us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.