ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Answer complex billing questions from customer service calls and/or correspondence; research and resolve discrepancies and issues related to patient responsibility amounts to obtain and maximize payments and to close accounts
- Collect payments from patient with outstanding balances
- Handle escalation calls, work flow distribution and one on ones
- Negotiate payment plans and other patient arrangements
- Request write-offs and adjustments to accounts when applicable
- Document patient feedback, call summary, and resolution in system notes file
- Create tracking methods and monitor arrangements to ensure receipt of payments
- Process credit card transactions
- Establish account priorities based on established guidelines
- Analyze requests for reactivation
- Complete special assignments involving A/R research and resolution as assigned
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 - 5 year billing, collections, and accounts receivables experience in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare insurance industries required; two (2) years preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with resolving escalated issues preferred
- Experience with processing credit card transactions preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.