What you do as a Dialysis RN is vitally important and makes an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians, you will ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in an outpatient setting.
As a Registered Nurse at DaVita you will constantly be on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome. Make the most of your nursing skills to provide the highest level of care to our patients and ensure their safety, comfort, and well-being.
As a Staff Registered Nurse (Hemodialysis RN) you see your patients three to four times each week for a few hours at a time; while they receive their treatments. The dialysis lifestyle can be very trying for our patients. By forming relationships with them, our nurses understand each patient's unique needs and help ease some of their burden.
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes in a chronic setting.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
Team - Your team supports one another and creates a fun work environment.
Clinical Leader- DaVita is the top performer with more 4 and 5 STAR dialysis centers according to CMS.
We definitely work as a Team. It can be stressful at times and having a good Team means that we all help each other out despite our job title. I've worked in other clinics and there is nothing like what we have here. - Elizabeth B.
A Qualified Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN) should bring:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of California
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience required
- Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing experience preferred
- 3 months of experience in the specific modality (Home hemodialysis) for which the nurse will provide self-care training required
- This experience may be obtained during 90-day training in a DaVita Home Hemo program supervised by a RN who meets the above qualifications
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background preferred
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Hemodialysis, Renal, ESRD, Critical Care, Med Surge, Telemetry, Kidney, renal therapy, CKD, nephrology, RN, Nurse, Registered Nu