The Senior Systems Administrator within the CCS Team (Central Clinical Support) is responsible for identifying, analyzing, monitoring, supporting, architecting and engineering solutions for the middleware, applications, and databases related to the Central applications. This team is responsible for the maintenance, integrity, and continuous improvement of the Central applications and databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Principle Architect on specific projects relating to SQL Clustering infrastructure and upgrade of DB Instances from SQL 2005 to 2014
- Work with the other Central Clinical Support teammates to understand the applications use and maintenance
- Monitor application integrity and create and respond to actionable alerts for CCS applications
- Provide a weekly status report for current projects
- Review and provide recommendations to improve application performance
- Manage tickets and tasks assigned to provide detailed information on all support provided, recommended solutions, and improvements that are implemented
- Provide technical assistance to other Systems Administrators as needed
- Mentor teammates on how to improve support and troubleshooting
- Recommend monitoring operations to enhance proactive support
- Monitor and maintain standard documentation for policies, procedures and practices
- Demonstrate effective time management and the ability to maintain multiple tasks
- Apply effective communication and customer support to our ROPS teammates
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology related fields or equivalent work experience
- Heavy emphasis on Windows Server platforms, 2003, 2008, 2012, SQL Clustering, PowerShell Automation, IIS configuration, AD, DNS, VLANS, Netscalers, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL connections and basic queries, Oracle connections, VMWare
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Customer Service and Information Technology
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Strong Customer Service skills and the ability to train others in these skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, determination of sense of urgency, and follow through
- Occasional travel may be required
- Primary responsibilities occur during standard business hours but off hours work is part of the job
- After hours support will be maintained informally with peers
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.