DaVita Rx is seeking a Bilingual Pharmacist (Spanish) to join our state-of-the-art pharmacy in Coppell, TX. The primary focus of this position is to ensure that patient outreach (i.e. Medication Management) is performed in a high quality, consistently documented, evidence-based manner as part of a program designed to improve patient quality of life and clinical outcomes. The successful candidate has a strong patient and clinical focus while enjoying working as part of a high-functioning team.
• Patient verbal / telephonic interventions to be performed in a high quality, consistently documented, evidence-based manner
• The Pharmacists in the DaVita Rx Pharmacy receive incoming phone calls, voicemails, and faxed new participant prescriptions.
• Participates in Drug Utilization Review (DUR) of medication orders, specifically as part of a comprehensive medication review.
• Consults with physicians and/or nursing staff regarding medication interactions or patient reactions to medications.
• Provides patient counseling and answers a variety of questions as presented by other areas within the pharmacy, such as Customer Service Representatives.
• Provides patient counseling and answers a variety of clinical questions as presented by external partners, such as Village Health Nurses.
• May assist in the supervision and training of Pharmacy Technician and other DaVita Rx teammates.
• Utilizes knowledge of disease-specific needs of the patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Demonstrates “leadership by example” in projecting a positive attitude, and involvement in DaVita Rx teammate activities.
• Able to work overtime with little or no notice, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
About DaVita Rx
Created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics, DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 180,000 patients in 46 states with four high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California, Florida and Arizona. We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker: DVA).
· Bachelors or Pharm. D degree required
· Texas pharmacy license current and in good standing is required
· Willingness to become specialized as opportunities arise within the pharmacy
· A spirit of continuous learning and professional growth through self-motivation and thoughtful feedback
· Experience with MTM, innovative clinical outreach programs, and specialty pharmacy protocols
· Excellent oral and written communication and training skills
· Demonstrated skills with a clinical realm – study analysis, current clinical evidence awareness, cultural competency, ability to counsel patients with varying levels of clinical exposure
· Appropriate computer skills for the position and areas of influence
· Ability to speak Spanish required and other foreign languages is a major plus
· Strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a high-functioning innovative team, while maintaining proper attention to detail and quality.
· MTM or specific disease state certification (i.e. Certified Diabetes Educator) preferred
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.