GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Within the Patient Assistance Department, this
position reviews, processes, and follows up on patient financial assistance
grant requests and applications to qualified
charities that offer premium assistance. This position responds to telephone calls and emails regarding the request process, requirements, and status of existing patient grant applications.
telephone calls and emails regarding the request process, requirements, and
status of existing patient grant applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Evaluate eligibility of financial assistance requests and applications that are received in Adobe format
· Research and assist Social Workers with problematic requests
· Communicate status and outcome to Social Worker
· Record requests in internal database for tracking
· Ensure timely processing for prompt turnaround time of urgent requests to ensure financial assistance needs are submitted for patient insurance continuation
· Generate grant requests in web-based systems used by qualified charities; extract necessary documentation from the request/application and upload into the web-based system
· Ensure accuracy to avoid returned requests
· Research returned requests and/or premium checks/refunds; correct and/or obtain needed information for reprocessing
· Contact health insurance companies to verify premium payment and premium rates
· Respond to telephone calls and emails regarding request process, requirements, and status of applications
· Review, update and submit department reports; follow up on unpaid premium requests, pending premium requests, missing premium requests, and missing HIPAA authorization forms
· Scan, file, and purge records as needed; move electronic files to folders and make any necessary modifications to the files
· Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
· Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum of one (1) year’s general office experience required; healthcare experience preferred
· Demonstrated customer service experience required
· Basic understanding of health insurance and insurance verification experience preferred
· Basic accounts payable experience preferred
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Adobe required
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.