The Clinical Trainer is responsible for all clinical training that teaches and integrates DaVita policies,
procedures, and dialysis theory for the treatment of ESRD (End-Stage Renal Disease) or CKD (Chronic Kidney
Disease) patients for nursing positions in the region assigned.
This position provides timely and effective technical
clinical training to new nurses (RNs and/or LPNs) and ongoing clinical training to all similar teammates in the
region assigned. It also provides local in-services (classes using didactic/lecture method) as well as other
education and skill checks as needed.
This position may assist Facility Administrators (FAs) in presentation of
mandatory in-services and other continuing education programs as requested, and may also provide training
to Patient Care Technicians as needed.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- LVN, LPN or A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma
from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current LVN, LPN or RN license in state of practice required
- Minimum of one (1) year’s nephrology patient care experience in dialysis delivery and the treatment of
renal disease required
- Demonstrated knowledge of DaVita dialysis delivery systems (specifically all dialysis machines in assigned
- Current CPR certification required
- CNN, BONENT, or NNCO certification preferred
- Graduate of DaVita Preceptor University required
- Scheduling flexibility and ability to travel up 50% of time
- Current driver’s license in state of residence and insurable driving record required
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of adult education required
- Experience in teaching the adult learner with sound knowledge of adult learning theory and ability to
present material to differing levels of base knowledge from novice to professional (i.e. the ability to change
teaching style to accommodate learners’ needs) preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; ability
to use the Internet efficiently for research required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita
including but not limited to SNAPPY, DUCK, etc. within 90 days of hire required.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.