DaVita is currently seeking a highly talented Senior Accountant for our Revenue Valuation Team located in Federal Way, WA!
If you're an accountant with good problem solving and critical thinking skills, with ability to perform analysis, then this may be the position for you!
DaVita is a Fortune 200® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
Here's the scoop..
This position provides consolidated and center level accounting support and detailed revenue valuation analysis to ensure departmental goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with DaVita’s Mission and Core Values. This includes revenue valuation, reimbursement analysis, and preparing financial reports for corporate and field operations management and joint venture partners, as well as internal and external audit agencies.
- Responsible for center level support in revenue valuation, reimbursement, and accounting for development projects.
- Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Review patient account transactions prepared in Reimbursement Operations for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare audit responses and answer audit questions.
Reporting / Analytics:
- Responsible for corporate and field operations financial reporting.
- Prepare, develop and modify selected recurring and ad-hoc financial schedules and related notes for management reporting.
- Create detailed reports to support performance and strategic business initiatives.
- Solid understanding of all areas of the revenue cycle with ability to support and provide recommendations and train new teammates.
- Provide reporting to identify and interpret revenue trends and explain fluctuations.
- Prepare analysis on business drivers in preparation for revenue review.
- Interact with other departments to explain and resolve revenue reporting and valuation issues.
- Identify, develop and implement efficient and standardized methods for recurring processes and reporting.
- Identify and investigate data inconsistencies, and system and process opportunities, ensuring the integrity of revenue data in the GL.
- Understand business processes and collaborate with teammates throughout the village to provide solutions to improve effectiveness/efficiency of processes.
- Address complex inquiries from teammates/customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting from four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum three years of accounting experience, strongly preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Excel, with ability to learn new internal systems and tools.
- Good problem-solving/critical thinking skills with ability to perform analysis.
- Proficient use of MS Excel
- Experience with ERP software preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to probe, question, and listen attentively.
- Increasing levels of responsibility in a healthcare reimbursement operations environment.
- Demonstrated project management and/or consultative skills when addressing complex inquiries from teammates, customers, and business partners.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications.
- Ability to work with and apply algebra calculations, probability and statistical inference, and concepts such as fractions, ratios, and percentages to practical situations.
- Ability to make timely and quality decisions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.