This position performs release of Protected Health Information (PHI) and medical records compilation relative to Appeals and Release of Information (ROI), according to established policies and regulations. Position also follows up on appeals and/or ROI for resolution and provides support for special projects as needed.
- Prepare and release medical information according to federal and state laws and company policies
- Respond to telephone and email requests for records and other information
- Request copies of patient medical records from facilities as needed
- Review medical records for correct orders and/or diagnosis information as needed
- Assemble documentation for proper content and request additional information as needed
- Prepare appeals and reconsiderations for denials by reviewing records, policies and/or contract requirements
- Prepare appeals packet communication to FIs (Fiscal Intermediary) as appropriate based upon Appeals and overall documentation findings
- Maintain accurate tracking of claims and meet standards in a timely fashion
- Identify opportunities for documentation improvement and assist in facilitating improvements in medical record documentation
- Participate in continuous quality improvement (CQI) project teams as requested
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Attend continuing education programs and seek ongoing professional development to maintain up-to-date knowledge of field
- Know, understand, and follow all DaVita, state, and federal policies and regulations including but not limited to HIPAA
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- RHIA or RHIT preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in renal dialysis or healthcare setting required demonstrating knowledge of medical terminology, diagnosis and CPT coding and ability to prepare all levels of appeals for review by FIs
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (or similar office/presentation programs) required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.