Join Lifeline as a part of the DaVita village.
We are seeking a Part-Time Registered Nurse (RN) ideally with 2+ years of interventional radiology, cardiac cath lab, special procedures, operating room, med/surg, critical care or dialysis nursing experience to join our vascular clinical team.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing high-quality nursing care to patients undergoing vascular access procedures under conscious sedation. In this role, you will gather pretreatment patient data, monitor patient and medications during procedures, maintain prescription drug logs, and provide assistance to the vascular access team during pre- and post-procedure activity.
As a member of our team, you will interact with patients, physicians and dialysis facilities as part of our community educational program, and also participate in other educational outreach initiatives.
- Have fun, work as a strong member of a team and be passionate about delivering exceptional care
- Provide ongoing patient information to the interventionist and clinical team during procedures to deliver vascular access care to the patient including but not limited to cardiac monitoring, aldrete score, pain status - monitor patient vitals (HR, BP, O2Sat, EKG) during procedures
- Maintain radiation safety when C-Arm is in use in the procedure room
- Assist in procedure room preparation; maintain sterile techniques in the procedure room; assist with pre-and post-procedures including assessment of discharge
- Assist in recovery room patient care following vascular procedures
- Monitor and record use of all medications during procedures
- Gather patient clinical information prior to procedures including patient assessments and patient history
- Keep clear and accurate patient medical records
- Maintain up-to-date narcotic drug log
- Serve as surgical technologist during procedures as necessary
- Assist center manager in maintaining inventory count
- Communicate with dialysis facilities to monitor post-care as directed by center manager
- Observe all OSHA and radiation safety monitoring policies
- Assist in moving patients within the center
- Assist in scheduling patients as directed by the center manager
- Participate in access center community education programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to: attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed; work in other centers as needed; know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures; know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current state nursing license required; California RN license
- 2+ years of nursing experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years of previous experience working with patients under conscious sedation strongly preferred
- Clinical RN experience in dialysis, interventional radiology, cardiac cath lab, special procedures, operating room, med/surg or critical care
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; proficiency in all DaVita computer applications required within 60 days of hire
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
Lifeline Vascular Access
works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 70 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,800 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population. Visit our website atwww.lifelinevascularaccess.com
. Apply online at www.careers.davita.com
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.