How This Role Contributes to the Success of DaVita Rx:
The Inventory Technician Specialist is
responsible for managing and maintaining accurate inventory of drugs products
and Non-Drug supplies and packaging materials.
This includes performing; receiving, check in, putaway, cycle counting
and replenishment functions.
Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Knowledge and previous experience using the Pharmacy
manager; Script Med System (not required but would help)
defined policies and procedures for handling manufacturer product recalls.
- Respond to requests for information on product
availability and order status, including requests for cancellations and
- Conduct thorough root cause research on inventory
adjustments hitting established parameters; document findings and be able to
report out as required.
- Assist with quality improvement initiatives as
requested by DaVita Rx Management.
assist in all aspects of inventory & purchasing management (Non-Drug
supplies) as required to ensure all work is completed by established
- Maintain proper and accurate records; including
purchase orders, invoices, adjustments and returns according to defined
- All other tasks
as assigned by Manager or designee.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Pharmacy rules and
government regulations; ensure compliance at all times
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of DaVita Rx policies and
procedures and apply them consistently
- Know, understand, and comply with pharmacy rules and federal/state
regulations including but not limited to HIPAA
- Assist in the orientation, training, and mentoring of other DaVita
Rx teammates as requested.
- Consistent, regular, punctual
attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position as
well as flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability to train on all aspects
of Inventory Control functions (Electric lift, pallet jacks, systems etc)
- Must work well and closely with
the Dispensing/Operations team
- Evaluate processes and look for
any Lean opportunities or opportunities to Continuously Improve any/all
Inventory Control tasks
- Knowledge of the systems, report
extraction and utilization for best practices
Qualities That Will Make You Successful In This Position:
to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous
Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate
those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management,
physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance
to successfully navigate and perform well in a dynamic fast-paced team
written and verbal communication skills; must be timely
- Must have good organization
skills, and work with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task with
a sense of urgency
- Must have very good problem
solving skills with experience accurately identifying root cause and
making recommendations for resolutions
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx was created in 2005 to deliver prescription drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita dialysis clinics. Today DaVita Rx is the largest renal pharmacy in the U.S. and serves more than 14,000 patients in 30+ states. Utilizing three high capacity pharmacy operations, we deliver on our promise of the highest levels of quality care and are committed to improving the lives of our patients.
DaVita Rx is a unique entrepreneurial opportunity in the context of a successful Fortune 500 company (DaVita Inc. Ticker: DVA). The business has grown from inception to $100 million in annual revenue in just over three years. The potential for further growth is very substantial, projected at greater than 100% over the next 12 months.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Certified Pharmacy Technician:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of two years’
experience working in Inventory Control (pharmacy inventory experience
- Current Pharmacy
Technician license required
ability in basic math required
- Must be able to
lift at least 50 pounds, reach above head, push/pull, and be able to stand
continuously for 6-10 hours.
- Need to be
proficient with all computer skills specifically in MS Word, Excel, and
Outlook required; proficiency in all DaVita Rx
specific software required within 60 days of hire or position change
- High School diploma
or equivalent required
To lean more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.