Great News! DaVita is currently seeking a highly talented Accounting Manager for our General Accounting Team in Federal Way, WA!
At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Here's what you can expect as an Accounting Manager at DaVita:
Are you a goal-oriented, driven, natural born leader ready to take your accounting career to the next level? Join our Village as Accounting Manager!
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 200® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad. A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
DaVita—which is Italian for "giving life"—has more than 60,000 teammates (employees) around the nation working to provide superior patient care and exemplify the company’s Core Values: Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun
DaVita is currently looking for a stellar Accounting Manager to be based out of our Federal Way, WA business office. This position provides management and accounting support particularly in the areas of lease accounting, fixed asset and project accounting, accounting for non-profits and corporate transactions, and general ledger support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and direct accounting staff responsible for center level and consolidated accounting functions such as expense variance and analysis, account reconciliation, daily and monthly accounting processes such as journal entries and accruals.
- Manage and direct teams chartered to improve processes related to general accounting functions and responsibilities.
- Responsible for process management and documentation of internal controls, including assessment of design and operating effectiveness, and liaison with external auditors with respect to assigned functional areas
- Primary responsibility for selection, hiring, evaluation, training and development of supervisors and staff accountants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualities that will make your successful in this role:
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required. Highly organized with demonstrated exactness in attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; ability to empathize with customer needs, to proactively communicate and respond promptly to needs.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving work environment, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for results and to see obstacles as challenges
- Demonstrated reliability, positive attitude, and enthusiasm
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, required; Bachelor’s degree outside of Accounting will be considered if candidate has Masters in Accounting
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ related finance or accounting experience highly preferred
- Prior supervisory or managerial experience, highly preferred
- Ability to interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- CPA/MBA Preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.