This position contacts hospitals to collect payments on outstanding AR for patients that were treated in our facility/clinic and that the hospital is responsible for the AR balances. The Hospital Account representative works with the hospitals and the Field to research and resolve hospital accounts in order to maximize collections and achieve collections performance goals.
The follow duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Initiate collection follow up of all unpaid or denied claims with the hospital
- Research, appeal and resolve underpayments and denials with the hospital
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Field personnel, hospital representatives and various DaVita teams that work with hospital business
- Respond in a timely manner to hospital calls and follow up.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPPA regulations and DaVita policies
- Know, understand and follow DaVita teammate handbook and safety and security policy
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral
- Good customer service skills required
- One year prior experience in collections/Accounts Receivable strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.