- 40 hours a week
- Helping to open and grow our Home Therapy Program
- Some local travel to units required
- This is a unit based role with some home visits (those are very few)
- The job will train
- We encourage someone with strong communication and educator skills to apply
- Case management and other home nursing roles are a good background
Be different. Do what you love.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
As a Home Hemo Dialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN), you will work on the cutting edge of nephrology nursing by training and educating patients in our clinics and preparing them to dialyze in the privacy of their own homes.
In this nursing role, you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their home dialysis treatment stays on track. You will work a Monday to Friday schedule-yet your impact on the lives of our patients and their families will be felt every day.
"I have more autonomy and more responsibility for the patient. I give complete care and have to manage it all, but I always have someone I can call for help." - Deb, Home Therapy RN
Here's what you can expect as a Home Hemodialysis Dialysis Registered Nurse:
Complexity - Embrace a mentally demanding role with many moving parts.
Expect to manage "a very organized chaos." You multitask in myriad ways - put down one patient's chart, start another, work with a physician, run out to get a medication, respond to a supplier's request - with lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It's challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
Educator - Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
If you feel your calling has always been to be both a nurse and educator, then you will love your work as a home hemodialysis registered nurse. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
A Qualified Home Hemodialysis Registered Nurse (HHD RN) should bring:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Current CPR certification required
- Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience required
- Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing experience a plus
- 3 months of experience in the specific modality (Home hemodialysis) for which the nurse will provide self-care training required
- This experience may be obtained during 90-day training in a DaVita Home Hemo program supervised by a RN who meets the above qualifications
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background preferred
- Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) a plus
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
Hemodialysis, Renal, ESRD, Critical Care, Med Surge, Telemetry, Kidney, renal therapy, CKD, nephrology, RN, Nurse, Registered Nurse