position provides guidance and information to patients on insurance and the
implications of different insurance options to allow patients to make informed
insurance decisions. This position ensures that commercial patients’ insurance
questions are addressed and resolved, assists in securing secondary coverage
for Medicare No Secondary patients, and assists under-insured and
uninsured/pending coverage patients with eligibility and/or coverage options.
Position provides accurate and timely patient, revenue, and treatment trend
reporting to the Group insurance Manager and operations teams that it supports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of
this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Act as a liaison between patients, facility
teammates, billing office and the corporate office to resolve patient insurance
issues and/or concerns
- Identify, resolve or escalate issues as
appropriate for prompt and effective resolution
- Proactively build relationships with
- Proactively review patient lists with
Facility Administrators and teammates to identify potential patient insurance
- Proactively build relationships with
clinical and regional resources to emphasize and integrate Insurance Management
- Support education on and completion of
Patient Financial Evaluations to determine if payment or payment arrangements
are an option
- Help patients find potential payment plan
- Obtain as close to 100% insurance coverage
for patients as possible by exploring all avenues and coverages
- Ensure that patients who qualify have 100%
coverage (excluding non-compliant patients)
- Support patient collection activities as
necessary by educating patients about balances due and encouraging them to work
with the billing office to resolve
- Identify any DaVita programs that would
help (i.e. Patient Financial Evaluations)
- Assist patients and Social Workers with
applications for Charitable Assistance as necessary
- Partner with Social Workers to maintain
awareness of patient insurance questions
- Assist Medicare patients with securing
secondary insurance coverage
- Assist patients and/or Social Workers as
necessary to determine if cash repayment is an option
- Research commercial patients’ financial
issues and insurance options and assist patients in retaining commercial
- Review additional insurance options for
primary and/or secondary coverage
- Provide high-level of customer service to
ensure patient questions or issues are addressed effectively
- Provide information to patients to help
them find and/or secure all options for insurance coverage
- Facilitate weekly team calls partnering
with facility and billing office teammates to ensure smooth registration
- Proactively manage insurance terminations
- Identify registration process improvement
- Brainstorm and help resolve incomplete or
problematic registration challenges
- Manage and update tracking tools as
- Review trends with team and operational
- Provide monthly reporting and analysis on
key metrics related to patient growth and retention to senior management
- Compile monthly operations reviews on
assigned patient portfolio
- Participate in scheduled SAMs calls to
review patient portfolio with designated facility teammate
duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences,
and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate
guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Participate as requested in special
projects and Insurance Management Team initiatives
- Mentor team members as appropriate on
Insurance Management practices
- Shadow new hires to mentor and to provide
training as needed
- Travel Required: up to 85% within assigned
is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company
second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above
the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across
multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar
individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed
to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for
patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential
duties, include computer skills as required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience
working with Medicare and Medicaid insurance as well as commercial insurance
plans and benefits (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Indemnity) required
- Current driver’s license in state of residence
and insurable driving record required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a
healthcare organization working with clinical staff and patients preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and
proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.