The Water Treatment Specialist performs established routine water testing procedures, working in a non-regulated laboratory environment, following AAMI guidelines for testing. This position also adheres to corporate standard policies and procedures related to job performance, customer interactions, teammate relations, and information confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Processes Water and Dialysate tests from receipt in the laboratory to final result.
- Performs specimen receiving and processing; answer the telephone and greets guests to the department.
- Plates cultures, processes and reports Water and Dialysate cultures.
- Processes and reports Endotoxin specimens.
- Processes and reports environmental cultures.
Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and performs quality control of all department instrumentation
- Performs and documents all quality control, maintenance, and troubleshooting procedures, and corrects out of control results according to quality control criteria.
- Ensures proper preparation, handling, storage, and inventory of reagents.
- Reviews workflow reports and report work activities and pending work to the oncoming technologist.
- Understands the procedural and clinical implications of analysis, and report all abnormal findings to the department manager or designee.
- Ensures accurate and prompt test results are reported to the appropriate care giver, especially in critical or life-threatening situations.
Maintains an active role in the laboratory quality improvement program, including performance and evaluation of key laboratory outcome indicators.
- Follows established policies and procedures to meet and exceed regulatory and accrediting agencies requirements.
- Practices infection control and safety precautions and keep a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains confidentiality of company’s records, clients, and personnel matters at all time as per policy.
Other duties as assigned
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita Healthcare Partners brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- High School degree is required. Associates degree in Medical Technology, biological sciences or related science field is preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years clinical laboratory setting performing testing is preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and outlook, basic proficiency in MS Word required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.