This position obtains new and existing prescription renewals from dialysis facilities and/or physician offices through verbal authorizations received via inbound/outbound calls as well as creating and faxing new and/or renewal prescription requests. This position secures prescription orders for patients whose prescriptions are not on file or for existing prescriptions that have no refills in order to ensure continuous medical prescriptive support for patients.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Receive inbound calls from dialysis facilities and/or physician offices and initiate outbound calls to obtain new and/or existing prescription orders
• Initiate outbound calls to prescribing physician's office to validate authenticity of prescriptions received via fax from non-prescribing facility or physician's office
• Initiate outbound calls to prescribing facilities or physician's office to clarify missing or illegible information on new and renewal prescriptions received via fax
• Forward prescriptions to Imaging Department in timely manner to initiate the prescription fulfillment process
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
• Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
• Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
• Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
• Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.