HealthCare Partners, one of the country's largest operators of medical groups and physician networks, will continue to provide integrated care management as an operating division of DaVita HealthCare Partners, focusing on delivering outstanding healthcare across a broad range of services. HealthCare Partners works with its patients to help them live life to the fullest and strives to lead the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to ensure quality, accessible and affordable care for all.
Since 1992, HealthCare Partners has been committed to developing innovative models of healthcare delivery that improve patients' quality of life while containing healthcare costs. HealthCare Partners manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in Arizona, California, Nevada, Florida, New Mexico, and Colorado. As of March 2015, HealthCare Partners had approximately 830,000 capitated under its care.
We are committed to bringing the benefits of coordinated care to our patients and to taking a leading role in the transformation of the national healthcare delivery system to assure quality, access, and affordable care for all.
If you're looking to make a difference with a large, financially stable, well-recognized medical group, DaVita HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you.
The Medical Assistant is responsible to the Center Administrator and provides simple routine patient care within his/her level of training and functions under the direction/guidance of the clinical supervisor and the physician in accordance with relevant state statutes.
- Under direction and supervision of physician, administers immunizations, EKGs, ear washes, and other patient services.
- Greets patients in courteous and polite manner.
- Assists in simple office and minor surgical procedures.
- Assists with the education of the patient and/or family as directed by the physician. Contacts patients as needed to give testing results instructions from the physician and scheduling of necessary visits.
- Conducts all front office functions as requested.
- Answers telephone inquiries and triage calls.
- Maintains patient medical records in accordance with JSA policy and maintains proper assembly of medical records.
- Responsible for all laboratory duties including drawing, spinning, prepping blood for testing and maintaining appropriate logs.
- Maintains equipment and adequate stock levels of consumables in laboratory area. Acts as liaison between all independent lab services and the center.
- Monitors OSHA compliance of center laboratory.
- Enters all test requisitions and encounters in the computer.
- Performs venipuncture and administers medications as required under the direction of a physician.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Preferred: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program with a valid MA school certificate OR Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) OR Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) OR 2 – 5 years of practical clinical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform EKGs
- Preferred: Strong phlebotomy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and all levels of personnel in a professional, courteous and effective manner with excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to display excellent telephone/switchboard etiquette
- Ability to multi- task in a high paced environment with good organizational skills
- Ability to evaluate patient needs, administer prescribed medications, assist physician
- with examinations and treatment, prepare and apply dressings, and instruct patients in health measures and self-care as instructed by the physician
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to work with general guidance
- Demonstrated clerical skills (typing, filing, telephone courtesy)
- Working knowledge of basic Medical Assistant principles and practices
- Ability to document and report findings and observations
- Knowledge of medical equipment and maintenance
- Ability to provide on-site emergency treatment within scope of practice
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Medical office experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical coding preferred
- Ability to travel may be required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.