"Leadership is not a function of position, it's a function of behavior" - Kent Thiry, DaVita's Chairman and CEO.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position drives regional growth, clinical and operating efforts for Home dialysis treatment and manages the regional budget for home operations. Position ensures and may provide ongoing training and education within the assigned area as necessary and provides quality outcomes support as well. Position also directly supervises and manages frontline Home teammates across the designated region(s).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Manage frontline Home teammates in covered facilities across assigned region(s), including all People Services and supervisory responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of region and division-level budgets as applicable to Home Modalities
Drive initiatives (such as Modality Education, Fluidwise, etc.) to increase Home Modalities prevalence and assist in the development, review, revision and roll out of clinical, growth, innovation, education and operating initiatives
- Select appropriate markets for corporate pilot projects related to home modality initiatives
- Support Regional Operations Directors (RODs) and Facility Administrators (FA) in creating/driving plans to achieve clinical and operational goals
- Monitor, trend, and report facility operation and clinical outcomes to the Home Modalities management team including RODs (Regional Operations Directors)
Benchmark DaVita at Home goal setting and achievement for facility outcomes; identify and share best practices
- Provide ongoing assessment of processes driving growth and reducing patient losses
- Evaluate and determine specific training needs in the division and/or region; develop and implement plans to address needs
Assist Home Division Lead in the identification, development, implementation, and monitoring of facility-specific home therapy goals
- Assist facility CQI team members to identify and use existing regional resources and strengths to solve quality improvement challenges
- Assist Facility Administrators and RODs in developing plans of correction for any deficits to ensure resolution of deficiencies; drive corrective plans locally and report progress to Home and all-modality leadership team(s)
- Maintain operational awareness to recognize when there are outliers/concerns related to home program operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend or lead team meetings, phone conferences, weekly Home Room calls, and training as needed
- Know, understand and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Travel Required: up to 70%
The shining star in this role should have:
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Willingness and desire to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance department efficiency and field service excellence
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated strengths in leadership skills
Demonstrated aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance and skills
- Ability to maintain open and clear communication with teammates
Demonstrated ability to create, refine, and manage new business processes
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Demonstrated expertise in business and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive projects forward
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Demonstrated presentation skills and persuasion skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to follow through on tasks and assignments
- Ability to provide multi-level reporting and communication
Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate needs
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions
- Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed to meet goals
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with frequent business travel.