This position is responsible for conducting investigations on allegations submitted to DaVita’s Compliance Hotline and the Disclosure Log required by the Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA). Particular areas of focus include handling of sensitive compliance related investigations and coordinating with the DaVita legal department to ensure issues are properly addressed. Areas of expertise should include Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and other laws and regulations related to healthcare compliance.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Conducts investigations on allegations submitted to DaVita’s Compliance Hotline and the Disclosure Log required by the Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA). Investigations may include research, data analysis, process analysis, interviews, follow-up, and documentation;
- Processes and evaluates internal inquiries and allegations and external complaints, and conducts investigations of compliance matters across all business areas;
- Oversees the maintenance of the Compliance Hotline and the Disclosure Log required by the CIA;
- Ensures appropriate and prompt investigation and resolution of regulatory complaints and inquiries;
- In collaboration with Legal, implements appropriate policies and procedures to ensure consistency and timeliness in the investigation and disposition of compliance-related allegations, complaints and reports; ensures that such results are promptly communicated to appropriate stakeholders;
- Understands DaVita’s obligations under the CIA;
- Promotes the development of cross-departmental processes;
- Provides periodic updates to DaVita senior leadership;
- Interacts with leadership in all departments across the organization;
- Documents investigation findings and conclusions; and
- Manage one analyst.
- Travel required: up to 10%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s/Law degree preferred;
- JD, CPA, CFE or other relevant certifications preferred;
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a legal or compliance professional performing end-to-end compliance investigations and designing and implementing processes that enhance and encourage ethical behavior;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industries dealing with federal healthcare program laws including, but not limited to Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, Civil Monetary Penalty Law, Stark Law;
- Successful track record with positions of increasing responsibility in a healthcare organization, a law firm, and/or a federal or state healthcare or enforcement agency;
- Demonstrated history of strong cultural values including accountability, service excellence, continuous improvement, integrity, team and fun;
- Demonstrated ability to present and communicate effectively with executive management, functional leaders, and field employees;
- Superior documentation and communication skills required ;
- Prefer prior experience working under a CIA or Deferred Prosecution Agreement (DPA) or advising clients related to CIA/DPA requirements;
- Prefer people management experience;
- Proven track record of collaborative problem solving with senior management and business leaders to achieve business goals; and
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and case management systems.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.