We're a community first and a company second!
Are you passionate about helping people? Are you a strong patient advocate? Are you born to educate and champion for the rights of others? The Insurance Specialist – Special Needs Plans position is instrumental in educating dialysis patients about the complexities of health insurance. The Insurance Specialist – Special Needs Plans acts as a patient advocate, championing a patient’s rights to choose their healthcare providers and insurance coverage. In addition, the Insurance Specialist – Special Needs Plans helps alleviate a patient’s financial stress of being on dialysis by identifying various options for obtaining health care coverage.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and be a great communicator. This person will be a highly organized, self-driven, problem solver, comfortable working autonomously, and above all, passionate about patient education and advocacy.
- Patient health insurance education and issue resolution
- Customer service support for patients and facility teammates
- Tracking, trending, and reporting of data
- Relationship building with internal and external partners
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in customer service, healthcare organization, and/or insurance company
- Understanding of Medicare Special Needs Insurance Plans and benefits strongly preferred
- Understanding of commercial insurance plans and benefits (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Indemnity) strongly preferred
- Understanding of COBRA benefit options, medical leave options, American Disabilities Act, and Coordination of Benefits strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Federal and State level health coverage benefits as they relate to ESRD strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Multi-tasker who consistently meets deadlines
- Work well with and without direct supervision
- Travel Required: up to 80% of the time within coverage area
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.