ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Develop, utilize, and manage a repeatable, scale-able, and defined process to move existing applications to the new data center through discovery/analysis phase, application and infrastructure analysis and design, move plans/roll out/build/testing and decommissioning
- Project management of detailed and cross-functional dependencies. Required to take ownership of the project and work independently to drive towards the deliverable
- Drive the development of the migration strategy and detailed execution project plan for data and applications migrations
- Develop communication plan and weekly updates to senior management. Provide clear and concise information required for decision making
- Drive the technical team, in a matrix team environment, in the execution and delivery of environment migrations. Direct the completion of projects, tasks, timelines and deliverables across multi-functional teams
- Build Relationships to work at all levels of the organization, ability to influence Senior level leadership, project teams and vendors
- High Energy attitude with a desire to ‘Get Stuff Done’
- Ability to travel up to 35%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- 7+ years’ experience in actively managing IT Infrastructure projects with previous demonstrated experience of delivering multiple projects involving the large scale migration of applications between data centers – enterprise scale multi-region IT landscapes
- 7+ years’ experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams in enterprise environments managing large budgeted IT infrastructure projects (US$ 500K+). PMP certification is required
- Strong people skills (stakeholder management skills to build and foster internal relationships)
- Proven ability to work with ambiguity and drive participants toward clarity of tasks and deliverables
- Should be able to get in the trenches and participate in technical discussions to determine execution plan
- Effective Communicator reporting accurate information that is clear, concise and visual. Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with different technologies and tools used for IT datacenter migrations
- High level conceptual understanding of IT domains (desktop, server, security, network, COTS applications, storage, database, WAN, LAN)
- Anticipates potential threats (risks) to projects prior to becoming an issue and pursues mitigation
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven track record of delivery of multiple parallel initiatives
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams (team player)
- Strong Microsoft project skills to build/edit project schedules, managing dependencies, schedule shifting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to analyze detail data to support migrations, what if analysis, etc.
- Strong PowerPoint and Visio skills
- Must be able
to work nights and weekends as required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains
software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical
technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing
and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools
to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers,
system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers
and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our
clinicians, business and physician customers.
Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment, and Fun, with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.