Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
In one or two sentences, provide a brief overview of the purpose of the position. Start with the phrase “We need this job because …”
The Senior Data Center Manager owns the strategic operation and management of the DaVita Data Centers and the high-level oversight of the Central Business Office server rooms. The Senior Manager sets the direction for, and maintains a culture of operational excellence throughout each data center team as well as driving a culture of continuous improvement. The Senior Manager addresses high priority problems, escalations, and maintains timely and accurate communication to senior management around key incidents and objectives. The Senior Manager will also inspire and support effective collaboration, communication and teamwork between other DaVita infrastructure and operations teams including the development and effective deployment of Data Center and Operational standard procedures and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Provide management, technical leadership, and clarity around goals and priorities to all Data Center Managers, Supervisors,and Technicians.
- Responsible for the development of departmental and project budgets and ensuring appropriate adherence to corporate budget targets.
- Review and recommends all designs and the development of DaVita's data center facilities and Central Business Office MDF and IDF rooms.
- Complete annual performance and quarterly development reviews for direct reports and effectively manage corrective actions as required.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with IT teams, business owners, and Senior Management during production impacting events.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of standard processes covering all areas of Data Center and Infrastructure and Operations and drive continuous improvement across multiple lanes.
- Identification and Development of metrics and key performance indicators to drive strategic initiatives and ensure operational efficiencies.
- Motivate and mentor team members for improving skills and taking on additional responsibilities.
- Celebrate team and individual successes and create a positive, fun-filled work environment.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of Infrastructure and Operations Management experience including Data Center and other related I&O areas.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems for a global, Fortune 500 organization.
- Able to travel 25% of the time.
- On-call for major incidents and other requirements as necessary.
- Experience with Data Center Migrations and Consolidations
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains
software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical
technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing
and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools
to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers,
system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers
and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our
clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita
makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience,
and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.