GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Data Analyst’s core responsibilities will fall into three main areas: Dashboard/Report Development, Exploratory Analysis, and Statistical Modeling. A data analyst will be given assignments directly from his or her leadership as well as Business Analysts who have collected requirements from our customers. Data Sources analyzed will come in multiple forms, including SQL Server™, MS Access™, MS Excel™, flat files, and XML. The tools used to analyze this data include, Tableau™, MS Excel™, SSAS™, SPSS™, R™ and/or Python™.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Provide project support through ad hoc reporting and record analysis
- Provide thorough documentation of data products
- Perform and document quality assurance tasks for query and report Development
- Troubleshoot and research issues in the reporting environment.
- Troubleshoot and maintain data integrity within our reporting environment.
- Develop SQL queries, views, stored procedures and functions to support data analysts throughout the department
- Digest and maintain ERD and other diagrams describing the reporting environment.
- Deliver repeatable, reliable and digestible information through various means (SQL Server™, MS Access™, Excel™, Crystal Reports, PowerPoint™ and Tableau™)
- Partner with developers throughout the department to promote consistency and efficiency of data products
- Partner with product owners to ensure data capture is effective and reliable
- Create and maintain artifacts supporting data governance, management, delivery, and analysis
- Promote and embrace continuous improvement
- Work efficiently using the agile development paradigm
- Work autonomously in a decentralized work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Intelligence or related field or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in SQL Server or like database engine
- Strong understanding of RDMS, OLAP and OLTP
- Experience with Tableau™, Cognos™ or similar data visualization technologies
- Familiarity with the Agile Development paradigm and SDLC processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong analysis and facilitation skills
- Able to consume huge amounts of information and translate them into organized, structured requirements documentation
- Able to work independently and juggle multiple projects and clients
- Experience applying Mathematical (Statistical) concepts in data analysis
- Experience with SPSS, R, Python or other statistical analysis tools
- Experience with ServiceNow™ ITSM Platform
- Understanding of Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Splunk, Hive, Pig
- Understanding of Text Mining and/or NLP
- Familiarity with ITIL/ISO20000
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.