Work autonomously as an Acute RN in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine.
Provide the highest level of care across one or more of our hospital units and ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being with a patient to nurse ratio typically not more than 2:1.
As an Acute Hospital Services Registered Nurse at DaVita you are on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome daily. Your sense of purpose and accomplishment at the end of each day is powerful.
What can you expect as an Acute Dialysis Staff RN at DaVita?
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (Peritoneal, CRRT, Apheresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita.
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting, you will typically be the only dialysis nurse in the hospital during your shift. You are not alone though. You will work very closely with the hospital staff each day to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critically ill patients.
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse- long days and on call are required. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.) When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
"I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
GROWING TEAM! Growing Programs! Multiple Openings!
Available positions in: Roanoke, Martinsville & Harrisonburg/Charlottesville!
- We will TRAIN you in dialysis if you do not have dialysis experience (our Hemodialysis Training Program is a 12 - 16 week extensive program involving both hands on training and classroom style training).
- Competitive Hourly Rates!
- Sign on Bonuses available & Retention Bonuses available!
- TEAM and PATIENT focus...
- FUN and FULFILLMENT are some of our core values!
- Have questions? Not ready to apply? Contact the recruiter directly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-219-0293
The shining star for an Acute Hemodialysis Registered Nurse will have:
- Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing required
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing. Long days without notice also required.
- Hemodialysis nursing experience- preferred
- Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience - preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) - preferred
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required; Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelors of Science in Nurse (BSN) and/or Masters of Nursing (MSN)
- Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification required; Advanced CPR certification - preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - preferred
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.