GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is a key member of DaVita’s field management team. This position is responsible for the general management and oversight of operations within the assigned division. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and direction to the field management of DaVita to ensure safe, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care. Additionally, this position identifies and develops strategic growth opportunities, monitors division performance, and works closely with Senior Vice President to develop competitive strategies in alignment with DaVita’s mission and values. Position has budget and P&L accountability.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports. Position has general, overall responsibility for teammate decisions within division.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Develop and execute strategic operating plans and goals for assigned division
- Track metrics and success criteria including ROI for all activities
- Analyze current center trends impacting patient service delivery
- Review, analyze, and address gaps in service excellence, policies, and/or procedures proactively; identify issues and implement solutions
- Lead the creation and implementation of teammate development processes and succession planning including mentoring, coaching, and modeling appropriate leadership behaviors
- Manage financial and revenue growth, operations and labor management, contract management, and clinical outcomes within the division
- Fulfill broad-reaching, strategic responsibility for the development and implementation of proactive programs, operational improvements, communications, and other division-specific general management responsibilities related to all modalities (chronic, acute, PD, home) within the assigned division
- Lead the creation and implementation of DaVita’s operating strategies within all modalities based on the identification of Best Demonstrated Practices
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of competition; proactively assess related SWOT (division strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats); analyze and implement effective responses
- Use and leverage the DaVita acute strategy for entry into additional hospital joint ventures
- Participate actively in joint venture business meetings as applicable
- Lead the business development process for division operations
- Maintain a liaison relationship between the corporate office and field operations
- Develop positive work relationships with all levels of management and other departments in the Village; work collaboratively with field management, legal, finance
- Maintain an open line of communication with the Sr. Vice President (SVP) regarding the oversight of Field Operations
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with physicians consistent with DaVita code of conduct and Compliance Commandments
- Build and maintain a team of knowledgeable, skilled teammates (including management) who function in compliance with all regulatory requirements and the DaVita mission and values
- Travel required: up to 50%
- Provide leadership to direct reports and strategic leadership to division
- Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
- Develop and foster a positive, fulfilling work environment within the division
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company
- Ensure effective implementation of all corporate programs including but not limited to annual manager bonus process, Triple Crown awards and goals, and CQI (continuous quality improvement) initiatives
- Identify and implement methods that enable all division teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment; develop and foster a positive work environment
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
- Review, analyze, and implement staffing plans that promote the most effective use of teammates
- Oversee and/or manage all teammate employment activity effectively and professionally including hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, compensation, teammate relations, disciplinary actions, and terminations
- Know, understand, follow, and implement wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment; ensure compliance with all laws and regulations including Teammate Health and Safety Training Program and DaVita healthcare clinical and safety standards
- Initiate strategic educational program development for division to ensure teammates remain up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to provide knowledgeable, accurate work output
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive management experience required
- Healthcare provider operating experience strongly preferred; dialysis or similar provider services experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing at strategic and operational levels
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, physicians, and teammates to create a results-driven, team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly motivated and integrated management team
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact DaVita’s position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and attitudes; able to recognize unique contributions of individuals and teamwork
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact DaVita
- Demonstrated ability to bring innovative thinking to the operations and management of acute and chronic dialysis
- Demonstrated understanding of DaVita, what makes the businesses successful, and able to balance that with patient and teammate satisfaction
- Demonstrated expertise, flexibility, and creativity in anticipating future trends and directional shifts and to construct meaningful competitive strategies to address future business scenarios and day-to-day challenges
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of internal and external Standards of Conduct as well as legal regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage successful operating infrastructures
- Demonstrated expertise in building teams, managing and influencing people, processes and customer relationships
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a positive and energetic culture within an organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of DWOM and DWOL report cards; demonstrated ability to model all leadership characteristics and behaviors
- Demonstrated passion, energy, drive and commitment to making DaVita the best dialysis company the world has ever seen
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce a high quality of work and to initiate the completion of extensive multiple tasks not specifically directed in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of teammate management including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, retention, promoting, disciplinary actions, job performance evaluations, teammate professional development; strong familiarity with employment laws in assigned division
- Demonstrated empathy and respect for teammates and patients
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.VISION REQUIREMENTS
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to sit stand, stoop, walk, stretch, reach frequently; moderate range of body motions.
- Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently and to make presentations.
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals efficiently
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with business travel.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.