DaVita Inc. (“DaVita”), a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company's clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation. As of September 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,318 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 199,000 patients, as well as operated 139 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States.
The DaVita in-house legal team is known as the “Justice League.” The Justice League comprises over 160 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The Justice League counsels all businesses of DaVita and provides legal support for all transactions. DaVita’s attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
The Assistant General Counsel – Commercial Contracting is a full-time position based at DaVita’s worldwide headquarters in Denver, Colorado. The Assistant General Counsel will serve as a lawyer in DaVita’s commercial contracting legal group and be a key member of DaVita Kidney Care’s Procurement and Logistics Support (“PALs”) national team.
The Assistant General Counsel will be a member of the “Justice League” and will report directly to the Associate General Counsel – Payor and Commercial Contracts.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the PALs national team.
· Provide legal support for commercial contracting, drafting and negotiating a high volume and broad range of commercial agreements, including purchasing, outsourcing, services, marketing, telecommunications, software licensing, SaaS, data licensing, and consulting agreements.
· Drive risk mitigation and negotiation strategies for key supplier relationships. Maintain a deep understanding of the business, advising senior management on legal risks and assisting in development of creative solutions as a member of the team, not solely as the legal advisor.
· Continuous improvement of contracting processes, including creation and/or improvement of toolkits and templates in order to reduce deal cycle times and refine standard contract term.
· Provide legal advice and counsel on a diverse range of issues arising in the launch of new products, services, and campaigns with special emphasis on medical technology.
· Participate in projects to drive the adoption of contract automation technologies.
· Work collaboratively with a broad range of people to develop and maintain strong working relationships between legal, finance, people services, operations and business development teams and facilitate a team based approach.
· Juggle and successfully prioritize competing work streams.
· Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate the risks. Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise level objectives. Quarterback and drive process to achieve thoughtful, successful and timely results
· Provide legal support for significant vendor disputes.
· Lead special projects or initiatives as assigned by the Associate General Counsel.
· Assist lane lead with budget preparation, budget management, setting team goals, and planning for future support needs.
· Coordinate with other legal groups on regulatory, risk, compliance and operational issues.
· Manage outside counsel, including leading fee negotiations and developing and managing budget.
· Live, uphold and model Company’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Experience & Education:
· Knowledge of and experience with laws and, such as FDA, Anti-Kickback, False Claims Act, Antitrust.
· Commitment to Company’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
· Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly-motivated team.
· Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
· Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence.
· Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view and create an inclusive environment
· Personal integrity, judgment and the ability to make decisions quickly.
· Adaptable, comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity; accustomed to charting own/new course.
· Hands on, efficient and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership.
· A commitment to personal and professional growth.
· Candid and personally secure. Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
· Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, maintain patience in high pressure situations and take initiative where appropriate.
· A bright individual who is a “quick study” and grasps issues quickly. Not hindered by an overly bureaucratic and structured approach to solving problems.
· Possesses good stamina and humor; able to work well under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic company.
· The maturity and flexibility to work effectively with senior management, subordinates and operations personnel.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.