GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Position is responsible for guiding the software development execution, architecture, best practices and deliverables for VillageHealth IT. This position directs and evaluates the design, improvement, implementation, and support of key VillageHealth IT initiatives and ensures effective tools and infrastructure services.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
Position oversees project efforts and deliverables by various teams within VillageHealth Information Technology as well as collaboration with other IT groups within the Village
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Provides strategic oversight and execution for VillageHealth software development, quality assurance, and data warehouse IT teams
- Develops and communicates expected outcomes
- Measures accomplishments, ensures prompt remedy of improvements needed, and celebrates success
- Oversees custom development solutions and configuration for technology solutions purchased; collaborates with multiple VillageHealth IT teams
- Collaborates with internal business stakeholders, Information Technology teams, and external vendors
- Links technologies to establish, enhance, and maintain business solutions
- Recommends effective technical tools and solutions
- Leads needs analyses and requests for information initiatives
- Identifies and presents technical and application development solutions to senior management
- Directs data analytic projects, including but not limited to, prioritization, preparation, analysis, and development of customer and internal reports as well as data warehouse exchange
All About VillageHealth
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelors degree in IT, Business, or a related field, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing, launching, and managing software products
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle and requirements management, including experience working in an Agile development environment
- Mobile application development experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading a team with direct reports
- Hands on leadership style, strong work ethic, and adaptive influencing skills
- Experience selecting and managing external technology vendors
- Experience managing Quality Assurance, Application Support and Data Warehouse teams preferred
- Travel required: Up to 50%
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to hear and interact by phone, in person, and in presentations clearly and efficiently
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed to meet goals
- Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
- Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.