The Director, Medical (lab) provides leadership, direction, and planning for laboratory activities. This
position is responsible for, in partnership with the Chief Laboratory Officer, the quality, safety, service
and improvement of patient experience and outcomes. This position reports to the Chief Laboratory
- Assists in integration of clinical pathology services with the laboratory’s primary functions by coordinating with all functional units in a manner that fosters a teamwork environment
- Participates in laboratory audits, reviews results and recommends actions needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standards for equipment, supplies, procedures and technology utilization.
- Provides medical insight for initiatives and concerns involving patient safety, quality, medical risk management and patient services.
- Models and provide leadership for delivery of excellent customer service and ensures the successful implementation of effective strategies and approaches.
- Participate in efforts to assure satisfactory performance as defined by externally reported measures of performance, e.g. proficiency testing, patient satisfaction, and client satisfaction with medical engagement
- Establishes and enforce appropriate policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- M.D. or D.O. degree with board certification or board eligibility in Clinical Pathology (CP or AP/CP)
- Fellowship training in a clinical pathology sub-specialty preferred
- Current Florida medical license or ability to obtain such license required
- Previous experience with medical director functions and duties preferred
- Previous experience with California and/or New York laboratory regulations preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.