IT System Architect’s overall responsibility is to define the architecture for IT Systems specific to the business challenges within DaVita. IT System Architect must bring to bear a set of broad experiences and knowledge across application, data, integration, and infrastructure to support key business initiatives. This role will be technology expert and use solution building blocks to define solution concepts, estimate projects, and define architecture blueprints. In this function, the IT Architect will be engage through the SDLC focusing on the request/intake processes through discovery, requirements, and design phases. Further this, individual will need to collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to align solutions to enterprise standards and direction and coordinate architecture delivery through the Project Management Office (PMO), Infrastructure and Ops, and Development organizations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Responsible for intake scoping, solution concepts and initial cost estimation; system architecture definition at the logical level
- Teach and mentor solution engineering and technical teams on solution building blocks
- Ensure all solutions adhere to enterprise IT principles, standards, and healthcare industry standards and regulations.
- Define architecture blue print for end-to-end systems to including integration of applications, systems, platforms and technical infrastructure.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to delivery teammates including reference implementation, design patterns and best practice guidelines.
- Work closely with solution engineering and development teams and vendors to ensure that a coherent and consistent approach to design, implementation and integration is achieved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with highly skilled technical individuals
- Clear overall experience and industry knowledge: distributed systems, mobile, middleware such as Business Process Management, Business Rules Management, Enterprise Service Bus, HA database, highly available architectures, data/service virtualization, master data, data warehousing and enterprise reporting
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture & domain-driven architecture
- Expert knowledge and experience in architecting BPM driven solutions
- Expert knowledge and experience on OO design & principles and UML modeling
- Creating well written documentation
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of information technology experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an architecture leadership role, designing end-to-end, enterprise solutions across the complete systems development lifecycle.
- Years of hands-on experience on healthcare IT technologies is must – The Experience in Healthcare IT technologies such as HL7, X12, MPI, HIE, Population health analytics
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing and building solution based on C# and the .NET stack including WCF, WPF, and MVC.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience on Java, J2EE, ORM and Spring framework
- 5+ years of technical experience with at least one of the relational databases such as SQLServer or Oracle.
- 5+ years of experience with web services and SOA solutions using RESTful, SOAP, XML, etc.
- Experience using Healthcare service bus such as Rhapsody is highly desired
- Thorough understanding and experience in domain driven architecture and micro-services architecture
- Hands-on experience with IBM technologies such as IBM BPM, IBM ODM, Extreme Scale is preferred
- Experience in driving solutions that map to the global target architecture, standards, and roadmaps in a distributed hardware, operating systems, and cloud computing
- Familiarity with EHR, Practice Management in Healthcare Industry is essential
- Collaborative, diplomatic and articulate demeanor that encourages broad base acceptance and support of solutions which align with strategic technology direction of the company
- Strong background in Systems/Application Architecture, with proven abilities to analyze the current business, detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks