IT System Architect’s overall responsibility is to define the architecture for IT Systems specific to the business challenges within DaVita. IT System Architect must bring to bear a set of broad experiences and knowledge across application, data, integration, and infrastructure to support key business initiatives. This role will be technology expert and use solution building blocks to define solution concepts, estimate projects, and define architecture blueprints. In this function, the IT Architect will be engage through the SDLC focusing on the request/intake processes through discovery, requirements, and design phases. Further this, individual will need to collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to align solutions to enterprise standards and direction and coordinate architecture delivery through the Project Management Office (PMO), Infrastructure and Ops, and Development organizations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Responsible for intake scoping, solution concepts and initial cost estimation; system architecture definition at the logical level
- Teach and mentor solution engineering and technical teams on solution building blocks
- Ensure all solutions adhere to enterprise IT principles, standards, and healthcare industry standards and regulations.
- Define architecture blue print for end-to-end systems to including integration of applications, systems, platforms and technical infrastructure.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to delivery teammates including reference implementation, design patterns and best practice guidelines.
- Work closely with solution engineering and development teams and vendors to ensure that a coherent and consistent approach to design, implementation and integration is achieved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with highly skilled technical individuals.
- Clear overall experience and industry knowledge: distributed systems, mobile, middleware such as Business Process Management, Business Rules Management, Enterprise Service Bus, HA database, highly available architectures, data/service virtualization, master data, data warehousing and enterprise reporting
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture & domain-driven architecture
- Expert knowledge and experience in architecting BPM driven solutions
- Expert knowledge and experience on OO design & principles and UML modeling
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures
- Expansive knowledge of issues related to Microservices infrastructures
- Prior hands-on experience in developing and deploying Microservices solutions
- Experience in working with Docker container
- Operational knowledge on Container Orchestration using Docker Data Center, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with technologies used for service registry like Etcd, Consul, Zookeeper, Curator, Eureka etc.
- Proven track record in successfully implementing solutions using distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Proven track record in successfully implementing solutions using Elastic Stack for data aggregation, visualization and distributed system consumption
- Working knowledge of Spring Cloud Netflix
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
- Expert level programming skills in Java
- Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Experience in use of source code management system like git and build tools like ant, and maven.
- Experience working with Node.js, Nginx, ha_proxy
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- 8+ years of information technology experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an architecture leadership role, designing end-to-end, enterprise solutions across the complete systems development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience with Java.
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the relational databases such as Oracle or DB2.
- 5+ years of experience with at least one of the application servers and containers such as JBoss, Fuse, Tomcat, IIS, WebLogic, WebSphere Application Server
- 5+ years of experience with web services and SOA solutions using RESTful, SOAP, XML, etc.
- 4+ years of experience in selecting and integrating COTS solutions.
- Experience in Healthcare IT preferred
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks