The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for preparing compliance and defense of US sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, US personal property tax, unclaimed property and US business licenses. The Senior Tax Analyst supports the Business Tax function to ensure their proper reflection in the financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare US sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, US personal property tax, unclaimed property and US business licensee
- Perform technical research and memo writing for matters regarding business taxes
- Correspond with taxing jurisdictions to resolve disputes including filing issues
- Prepare reconciliation of tax accounts
- Prepare audit responses and answer auditor questions
- Interact with other departments and explain and resolve complex tax issues
- Monitor and keep abreast of developing and new tax legislation
- Perform a wide variety of recurring and non-recurring moderately complex tax functions
- Assist in the evaluation of tax implications of transactions; identify and recommend tax saving opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field and a minimum of 2 years of tax experience
- CPA certification highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office w/ advanced Excel skills
- Tax examination experience required
- Strong knowledge of accounting and tax principles (thorough understanding of general ledger account reconciliation and other accounting processes). Oracle and/or Vertex experience a plus
- Performance and behavior reflect the Mission and Core Values of DaVita
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas; Builds strong relationships with peers, other departments, and managers to best meet company goals and objectives.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.