VillageHealth is currently recruiting for a Director of Government Programs to lead a VillageHealth Special Needs Plan (SNP) in Houston, Texas. This person will act as the “General Manager” for all business functions and strategic partners, including but not limited to, DaVita operations teammates, health plans, nephrologists / other providers, hospitals, and other vendors. This position is highly visible across the DaVita Healthcare Partners organization and will be accountable for delivering regular business reviews and results to senior leadership. This position will have the opportunity to develop teams in SNP markets to achieve business objectives. When successful, this position presents broader opportunities in DaVita’s integrated care efforts.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
• Leads SNP implementation locally, collaborating with key implementation stakeholders
• Manage the Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) and P&L of the VillageHealth SNPs
o Determine which variables have the highest potential impact on MLR
o Collaborate with the operations leader(s) to improve those variables
• Manage the various accounts and internal/external relationships associated with the SNPs; develop new and maintain existing physician relationships with Nephrologists and other providers participating in VillageHealth Government programs.
• Accountable for SNP membership, physician networks, monthly reporting, team communication, administrative functions, and competitive intelligence
• Support VillageHealth advocacy efforts on key issues and integrated care programs
• Develop and maintain relationships with health plan partners to pull all non-clinical levers to improve plan and product performance
• Deliver executive level presentations to key stakeholders inside and outside of the DaVita Healthcare partners organization
• Provide leadership to direct reports
o Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered
o Address teammate relations issues proactively and as necessary
o Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
Ensure all DaVita employment processes are completed timely and in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws including but not limited to, Performance Development Reviews, teammate personnel file maintained, etc.
o Facilitate teammate development (coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training) through the use of audits and trends to address strengths and opportunities for improvement; collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
o Maintain familiarity with and communicate to teammates DaVita programs impacting teammates (including but not limited to: Triple Crown, RN Scholarship, RN New Grad, We Are Here, Tuition Reimbursement, Foundations, etc.)
• Provide work direction for department teammates
o Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absences
• Understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
o Review, monitor, and approve as necessary time, attendance, and PTO for direct reports
• Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates’ knowledge of department processes and goals
• Maintain and communicate facility emergency management programs and ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency
o Know, understand, follow, and implement DaVita safety and security policies and procedures
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
•A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
•Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
•Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
•Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
•A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
•Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation
Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.