As a Hospital Services Administrator, this natural leader will provide direction, inspiration, and counseling to teammates and will monitor workflow functions, outcomes, customer satisfaction and quality measures of the facility with the result of meeting or exceeding the established financial and other objectives set in cooperation with leadership. The Hospital Services Administrator reports to the Group Hospital Services Administrator or Regional Operations Director.
This position is responsible for the administration of activities associated with services to licensed Acute and Sub-Acute Care Facilities in the Hospital Services Group and for other services rendered off-site and not associated with on-site chronic dialysis clinics. This position provides supervision of professional and non-professional care and coordination of services to licensed acute hospitals and sub-acute facilities that have contracted with DaVita to provide dialysis and other services under the license of the Acute or Sub-Acute Facility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, onboarding, retention, performance development, performance management, teammate relations, team and teammate morale, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports. Additional roles and responsibilities include program financial management, quality assurance, quality patient care, patient safety advocate, risk management, and other required duties that may arise during the general operations of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Patient Care Management
· Manage on-site clinical response to Nephrologists and teammates in contracted facilities nurses for the management of care
· Proactively maintain positive working relationships with Nephrologists and contracted facility liaisons and hospital leadership
· Work with Clinical Nurse Manager, Acute Preceptor and/or Clinical Coordinator to ensure Hospital Services teammates are fully trained in all modalities needed to support hospital contracts
· Participate in development and revision of policies and procedures with Acute Regional Operations Director and Medical Director to ensure consistent, efficient and safe treatment delivery
· Foster a sense of urgency in teammates that promotes commitment to optimal clinical outcomes, regulatory compliance for the contracted facility, and operating efficiency for the Hospital Services Program
· At all times, the contracted facility and the patient’s Physician retain ultimate authority over and responsibility for each patient's care and treatment.
Act as a liaison between the Hospital Services program, the contracted facility, and Physicians.
· Manage budget of the assigned Hospital Services program
o Balance scheduling needs with patient load to effectively manage labor costs
o Review and manage income statements
o Day-to-day management of all financial aspects of assigned program
· Supervise inventory management including purchasing, product selection, and supply usage
· Ensure treatment charge information and related data are accurate and submitted in a timely manner by means of the designated reporting system
· Ensure equipment and supplies are maintained to provide quality care and to ensure the safety of patients and teammates
· Identify and plan prompt corrective action for any issues with safety or equipment and systems
· Participate in the development and periodic revision of policies and procedures with the Acute Regional Operations Director and/or Medical Director to assure consistent, efficient and safe operation of the Hospital Services program
Risk Management/Quality Assurance Compliance
The shining star in this role should have:
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
o If FA is a Redwoods participant in the FA Practicum, the two years’ management experience is not required; Redwoods FA operates under the supervision and mentoring of a Facility Administrator, Group Facility Administrator, or Regional Operations Director who meets the Facility Administrator requirements
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in dialysis or health care preferred
· Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse if required by state of employment
· Current CPR certification required (or certification must be obtained within 60 days of hire or change in position)
· Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and capability to gain proficiency in DaVita Hospital Services clinical and reporting software systems
· Other qualifications and combinations of skills may be considered at discretion of ROD and/or Divisional Vice President
The DaVita Village Difference
Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.