This position assists with the
implementation and administration of Legal, and Wage & Hour projects and
audits. This position is accountable for supporting the legal compliance of
DaVita in terms of adherence to all FLSA and wage & hour regulations. Consistently
knowledge of payroll regulations related to Federal, State and Local laws,
company policies and best practices to ensure compliance. Responsible
to ensure essential functions are completed timely on a daily/weekly/monthly
schedule. The Payroll Analyst
works closely with other teams within the Payroll department and across the
- Provides support on Payroll, Legal and Wage &
Hour team projects; assists with
researching wage claims; project work may be individual assignments or
involve participation in multi-function committees.
- Develops and systematically analyzes reports
to monitor for adherence to Federal and State laws, wage and
hour regulations, as well as internal DaVita policies. Corrects and processes timekeeping records in PeopleNet to ensure
teammate’s time is accurately calculated.
of pay due to retroactive changes for hourly rates of pay, missing hours or
amounts. Ensures that PeopleNet
and Workday are in sync by performing the necessary manual entries.
based on Federal and State regulations.
- Follows up with teammates and managers to
drive completion of necessary activities to ensure compliance with DaVita Wage
& Hour policies and practices.
- Communicates with all levels of the
organization and needs to be cognizant of their audience when dealing with
confidential and privileged information. Performs pay
calculations including, but not limited to, gross pay to net pay that relate to
bonuses, PTO, terminations and other exception items.
- Analyzes current payroll
practices and suggests/leads
- Assists in troubleshooting problems with WorkDay and PeopleNet.
- Participates in system testing during upgrades and other system changes.
- Additional duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High School Graduate with 6-8 years of Payroll experience.
- FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) accreditation or actively studying for accreditation preferred
- Knowledge of how a paycheck is calculated including FLSA, pre/post tax deductions and how it translates to the form W-2. Demonstrates a clear understanding of FLSA and is able to determine which types of earnings are and are not applicable to the FLSA regular rate of pay. Additionally, must be able to calculate an employee’s FLSA regular rate of pay where necessary.
- Payroll processing experience in a fully integrated HCM environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of timekeeping processes and systems
- Advanced working knowledge and demonstrated ability of payroll processes/procedures and systems in a high-volume, fast-paced, production environment.
- Multi-state payroll processing experience
- Specialized knowledge of wage & hour regulations, specifically California regulations preferred.
- Working knowledge of Payroll accounting and benefits administration as it affects payroll.
- Advanced MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Above average problem solver with strong analytical, critical thinking and prioritization skills; detail-oriented
- Demonstrated leadership skills and provided guidance to team members with constructive feedback for improvement to processes and teammate growth.
- Ability to adjust hours accordingly with regard to payroll processing procedures or escalated incidents
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.