Symphony is a program dedicated to helping patients overcome barriers to adherence through education and outreach. This position is responsible for handling outbound calls to patients and facilities on refills, medication management, education and other pharmacy or provider inquiries communicating effectively and professionally via telephone, fax and e-mail with patients, DaVita's dialysis facilities, insurance companies, pharmacies and physicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Respond professionally and knowledgeably in accordance with company standards, and other verbal and written training policies to patient inquiries with information regarding benefit plans (co-payments, deductibles, quantity and day supply limitations, etc.) and to other calls from clinics, insurance companies, pharmacies and physicians
- Maintain current knowledge of DaVita Rx policies, procedures, and rules and maintain compliance at all times
- Assist in orientation, training, and mentoring of other Symphony teammates or other DaVita Rx teammates as needed
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives
- Monitor, record and communicate calls as appropriate using computerized documentation systems
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice, as needed
- Attend staff meetings, teleconferences and training as needed
- Meet and/or exceed departmental teammate performance standards
- Know, understand and follow DaVita Rx teammate policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx is a full-service pharmacy specializing in complex conditions. Originally founded in 2005 as a kidney care pharmacy, DaVita Rx has expanded into other disease states. We now dispense prescriptions in more than 40 therapeutic classes, allowing us to care for more patients than ever before. With operations in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, DaVita Rx serves more than 165,000 patients nationwide.
With the tools and expertise needed to improve care, DaVita Rx is a valuable partner to patients, caregivers and providers. Our core services are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of kidney patients, and we are also building dedicated platforms to provide specialized pharmacy care for individuals with other complex conditions.
We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented, clinically trained, and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to delivering on our promise to provide the highest level of quality care in an effort to help improve our patients' lives. Not only does DaVita Rx have a compelling mission, but we also have unique entrepreneurial opportunities. As a rapidly growing subsidiary of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker:DVA), our teammates enjoy an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where they can truly make an impact.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Certified Pharmacy Technician:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
The Shining Star in this role should have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Minimum of one year's experience with pharmaceutical, medical terminology, mail order/PBM (Pharmacy Benefits Manager) in a call center environment strongly preferred
- Electronic document management experience preferred
- Must be able to work weekends
- Proficiency in using standard office equipment including but not limited to multi-line telephone, fax, and copier
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required; SXC, PC Tracker application familiarity preferred
- Minimum typing speed - 35 wpm
- Bilingual in Spanish Required
To lean more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.