The Transport/Disinfection Technician transports
equipment, supplies, documents, etc. to and from facilities and other off-site
facilities and disinfects dialysis machines and equipment, including reverse
osmosis machines, as required and in accordance with DaVita policies,
procedures, and service agreements.
- Receives detailed instructions on all work, which is routine in nature, completed under close supervision with little autonomy
- Transports equipment or supplies from location to location as directed
- Operates a motor vehicle according to all applicable traffic laws and safe vehicle standards
- Informs manager immediately of any motor vehicle accidents or citations that occur while working or on personal time
- Ensures company vehicle is regularly maintained including but not limited to washing, oil changes, tires, and repairs
- Documents vehicle maintenance and sign-off approval from management
- Notify the Acute Program Office of inventory and equipment needs
- Collect relevant paperwork at facilities to return to Acute Program office as required
- Verify that there are no expired supplies or supplies compromised by temperature variance and damage in any hospital site or in the central warehouse.
- Order supplies as needed through relevant procurement system
- Practice proper inventory practices as determined by manager, including FIFO, rotation of stock, par levels and safety stock levels.
- Practice safe transportation of confidential PHI. Notify manager immediately if any documents are lost or released by accident.
- Dismantles, cleans, and disinfects dialysis machines, reverses osmosis (“RO”) water system and equipment in accordance to DaVita procedures; perform appropriate end of therapy terminal cleaning and disinfection of the dialysis equipment
- Take samples and cultures of dialysis and RO machines on at least a monthly basis; disinfect machines on a monthly basis or as needed on an emergency basis
- Print labels and send samples/cultures to third party logistics partners for overnight delivery
- Notifies Biomedical Technician of any equipment malfunctions
- Observes Acute Facility policies and procedures for infection control and safety
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Perform clerical duties as needed which may include: submitting samples for to third party logistics partners for overnight delivery, ordering supplies, and collecting billing documents.
- Use relevant technology equipment and systems, including iPads, to track cultures, order supplies, and access patient and machine schedules.
Other Duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Work on-call and rotating shifts as assigned
- Attend and participate in team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Attend and participate in Acute Facility orientation and mandatory in-services as required
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Conduct oneself professionally in both manner and appearance, wearing appropriate attire
- Achieve basic hospital safety education including fire protocols, as determined by manager
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.