Join one of DaVita's most exciting strategic business lines, VillageHealth! We are looking for a proven Medical Economics Analyst to join our Medical Cost Analysis team. An ideal candidate for our Medical Economics Analyst position would be an individual who has experience in medical claim analysis, data aggregation and has the ability to interpret medical claims data. The ability to communicate findings and develop appropriate recommendations and present these results to a multidisciplinary group is required. Experience running queries and extracting data in Oracle and/or SQL databases is required.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Position analyzes and interprets medical claims data and communicates findings and recommendations to multidisciplinary groups.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Performs analysis and reporting of medical claims data, utilizing personal experience and knowledge to synthesize information.
- Analyzes data using various methods to evaluate the effectiveness of company Intervention Programs as well as "slices" the data to produce various management reports.
- Creates various reports monthly, quarterly and/or annually that track client medical claim utilization, provider billing patterns, and VillageHealth's progress in achieving claim target goals.
- Supplements standard analytics with statistically and/or quantitatively driven insights to further drive the team’s understanding of the results.
- Formulates solutions/recommendations as needed for internal and client use, and presents this information to various internal and external groups.
- Prioritizes individual project workflow while providing necessary updates to senior management.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare field, math, statistics, or other quantitative fields strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical claims terminology (such as cost bucketing, CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, UB-04 and CMS 1500).
- Minimum of 2 years experience with analytics and reporting.
- Knowledge of relational database principles including SQL and MS-Office software.
- Practical knowledge of statistical and/or quantitative analysis that can be readily applied to work assignments.
- Understanding of healthcare billing and payment methods.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice